Birmingham, AL 35210
Fair Haven Retirement Community is seeking a full time Certified Dietary Manager (CDM). This position will assist in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Food Service Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards governing the facility and as may be directed by the Administrator or Food Services Director, to ensure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and the Food Service Department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) is required
- Current ServSafe certification is required or must be obtained within 60 calendar days of hire
- Culinary experience is preferred
- Experience with special events is preferred
- Understanding of Food Service department finances and budgeting
- Basic computer skills
- Supervision of food preparation (ensuring recipes are followed, proper cooking techniques are utilized and food presentation is correct)
- Assist with any special food events that are held in the facility
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- As assigned, including some weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull a maximum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products
Fair Haven offers BCBS health and dental insurance, free life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, a competitive salary and generous Paid Time Off.