Fair Haven Methodist Home, Beautiful, Upscale, Retirement Community in Birmingham, is seeking a Director of Housekeeping/ Environmental Services
Director of Housekeeping/Environmental ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing the performance of housekeeping staff of 20.
- Plans, organizes, ensures the cleaning of all guest and resident rooms and public areas.
- Provide daily cleaning assignments to housekeepers.
- Manage staffing fluctuations and identify staffing needs.
- Monitors guest service satisfaction via reports and guest comments for cleanliness, addresses any issues immediately and implements programs that meet or exceed brand benchmarks, in conjunction with Administrators and Executive Director.
- Ensures that all housekeeping associates have been thoroughly trained and are consistently following service standards and procedures.
- Conducts daily rounds across campus, inspecting cleanliness of resident rooms and public areas.
- Provide current and new associates with information about company policies and job duties.
- Develops and executes incentives and programs that promote positive associate relations.
- Develops weekly staff work schedules within budgeted labor guidelines to ensure maximum productivity while maintaining service standards and quality.
- Conducts and maintains inventory of all linens, in-room amenities, cleaning supplies and equipment and places inventory orders as needed.
- Works closely with maintenance department to ensure that maintenance and repairs involving guest rooms and public areas are completed timely.
- Performs any other duties as requested by Administrators and Executive Director.
Director of Housekeeping/Environmental Requirements:
- Prior experience managing a large housekeeping staff required.
- Previous experience operating an “in-house” laundry.
- Experience working and managing employees in a health care facility strongly preferred.
- A pleasant and courteous demeanor when dealing with peers, staff, residents and management.
- Must be meticulous with cleaning practices.
- Experience providing cleaning services in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational management skills.
- Strong communication skills; both written and oral
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience or Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Hospitality Management.
- Previous management experience in healthcare or hotel housekeeping required.
- Must possess the ability to supervise and manage other team members.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members and healthcare personnel.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWDLEGE REQUIRED**
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-tasks
- Can work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow through, and work with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to exert physical effort consistent with cleaning assigned rooms as per the hotel standards.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.
What to Expect
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- Have the opportunity to engage in fast paced, high touch, customer service leadership role
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done for faith-based, mission driven organizaiton
- Be recognized for excellence.
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Other types of insurance
- 401-K with company match