Fair Haven Retirement Community, located in Birmingham, Alabama, is currently recruiting a new team of forward-thinking and high-performing RN clinical nurse leaders to lead systemic change as we transition to an innovative and progressive model of skilled nursing care delivery. Fair Haven’s new “household” delivery model is designed to create life-affirming living environments where relationships are valued, individual preferences are honored and elders are surrounded by the comforts and pleasures of home. We are seeking talented, confident and experienced registered nurses who enjoy serving older adults and are motivated by a challenge. Ideal RN candidates share the Company’s values, have a passion for enriching the lives of older adults, embrace teamwork and strive for performance excellence.
Fair Haven is leading the way in offering person-centered, skilled nursing care in a “Household” model supporting consistent assignment for approximately 21-30 people. We are a mission driven, non-profit, faith-based community committed to performance excellence.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to lead new innovations in long-term care delivery and grow professionally as a registered nurse leader, visit our website at www.fairhavenbirmingham.org to see how Fair Haven is “Enriching lives every day.”
To be an effective RN clinical nurse leader at Fair Haven, you must demonstrate the ability to :
- Create a motivating vision that inspires others to achieve the Company’s mission
- Build strong relationships of trust
- Engage others in common efforts to achieve goals
- Structure and effectively lead self-governing teams
- Manage and analyze data and information to evaluate progress, identify opportunities for improvement, exercise mutual accountability and drive quality improvement
- Foster a learning culture where everyone learns and grows together
Characteristics of an effective RN clinical nurse leader at Fair Haven include:
- Ability to positively influence and motivate others to achieve the mission
- Strong relational skills
- Believe in and support other people
- Positive outlook toward tackling challenges
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to collaborate and foster accountability
- Willingness to share leadership with others
- Passion and commitment to the mission of Fair Haven
- Love of learning and willingness to take risks, learn from others and work outside one’s comfort zone
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or currently enrolled in a BSN completion program and two (2) years of related leadership/supervisory experience required or associate degree with at least 10 years leadership/management experience in a long-term care setting.
Currently licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the Alabama Board of Nursing is required.
Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental insurance
Company paid life insurance
401-(k) plan with match
Flexible /Dependent spending accounts
Generous paid time off